101 Fashion Do’s and Don’ts for women in 30s and 40s
First 20 fashion tips to kick off the new year in style!
For women in their 30s and 40s, it's really about balancing sophistication with sexiness. As the saying goes, sometimes less is more.
(Source: Friends, Fashion stylists, Online bloggers and Fashion designers)
-try monochromatic outfits, if you haven’t till now. They are one of the best slimming secrets.
-wear black with navy. Trust us! Both of them also go with… * cream * white * beige …and the combinations are timelessly elegant.
-try something that’s “not you” once in a while.
- Less is more: If the top you're wearing shows off a little décolleté,put on a miniskirt and go for a pair of wide-legged trousers. If you want to show a little leg, make sure everything's covered up on top.
- If your stomach is not as flat as you would like it to be,tuck-in your blouses, cropped tops, belted jackets And go for… tunic tops … loose jackets … softly pleated pants.
-wear anything black when you cannot decide what to wear. Black never goes out of style.
-emphasize your best feature: Great legs? Wear short skirts.
-shop with your husband. Why torture one another?
-wear layers of streamlined knits, not bulky ones. They’re universally flattering.
-make sure you have one outfit that you know you’ll feel good in–even on “fat” days.
-buy pants or skirts without checking out your rear view.
- And when you try on pants,always sit down in them.
-buy things that go with at least two other things you already own.
-Mix your metals. Silver jewelry is out of the question if your jacket has gold buttons.
-try a single colour scarf with a printed dress. They are universally complementary. Don’t forget to sync the colours.
-think twice before you wear a printed scarf with a printed outfit. To make it work, you need complementary prints – basically avoid this mistake.
- Pearls are a must have.we need to say anything more?
-wear ivory and tortoiseshell accessories, but only if they’re fake.
- scarves because you ‘love them’. think how you will accessorize with thembuy
Need some tips to style your scarf? Watch our scarf style video and read our blogs.